How do we work with female partners of MSM?
- We started with Reproductive child health program with the ongoing HIV/AIDSD Prevention project in 2004.
- Identification of female peer educators who are female partners of MSM.
- In depth interviews of female partner of MSM.
- Focus group discussions with the group.
- Case studies of female partners of MSM.
- Presently we work with 100 females.
- Majority of them were not aware about the knowledge of HIV/AIDS.
- Most of these female were subjected to oral, anal & vaginal penetration by their male Partners.
- Awareness level about condom (14% regular users & 86% irregular users)
- Out of 100,45 females reported STIs symptoms like..syphilis , Gonorrhea & mixed in Infection.
- Female partners of bisexual men lack the power of choice in using/ not using condoms During sexual activities.
Mental health and sexual health issues of female partners of MSM.
- Feelings of emotional dissatisfaction.
- Irritation due to partners sexuality. (kothi & bisexual).
- Emotinal Crisis.
- Adjustment problems.
- Feelings of being cheated.
- Forced for anal & oral sex by male partner.
- Due to shame and lack of knowledge STis female not treated.